Coventry Recycling Club Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them, before opening a Coventry Recycling Club account and becoming a member. You should understand that by opening an account, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Coventry Recycling Club is a waste incentive scheme operated by Coventry City Council. The scheme is fully funded by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).
You must live at an address within Coventry, be aged over 18 and have a valid email address to open an account. Your account must be registered to your home address (students may register at their term time address).
You must only register one account per person. Accounts can be registered in joint names by inserting both names in the ‘Name’ field. Multiple Accounts cannot be pooled or Points transferred to another Account.
- You can earn points by recycling more than you did in the same month last year. The number of points you receive will be relevant to how your area has performed. We will determine how many points will be issued to your account. We reserve the right to vary the amount of points issued at any time.
- You can also earn points by completing activities on the Coventry Recycling Club website and for attending waste events or workshops (these will be publicised in the ‘News and Features’ section). We will determine the ways in which you can earn points and the number of points to be earned.
- From time to time we may also make promotional points offers, such as points offered for new registrations, completing surveys or completing similar activities. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw any such offers at any time.
- If a transaction on which points are issued is cancelled, reversed or not completed, we will reverse the associated points.
- Points have no expiry date
- You can use your points to support good causes (local charities and organisations) which are featured on our website. Points donated are totalled for each good cause and a donation is paid to each good cause based on the points they have received.
- You can select one or more good causes to support each month and you can decide how many points you give using a sliding points scale. Once points are used this cannot be reversed.
- You cannot use points until they are credited to your Coventry Recycling Club account
- Separate rules apply to good causes (local charities and groups which apply and receive funding) and these can be found at www.coventry.gov.uk/recyclingclub.
- You must be a member of Coventry Recycling Club to be eligible to win rewards.
- You can win rewards by participating in activities (e.g. competitions, surveys, workshops). Not all activities will provide an opportunity to win a reward. When there is an opportunity to win a reward this will be clearly stated.
- You can win a reward by participating in our monthly bin sticker draw. After you join Coventry Recycling Club you will receive a sticker in the post. We aim to deliver stickers within 28 days. Write your house number in the space provided and attach the sticker to the side of your recycling bin. We will select a stickered recycling bin at random and if the bin contains the correct items for recycling a prize will be issued. If the bin contains items which cannot be recycled another bin will be selected and the process repeated.
- Rewards are subject to all applicable legal rules and the terms and conditions (including booking requirements, cancellation restrictions, return conditions, warranties and limitations of liability) of the supplier.
- We have no responsibility for the delivery, standard, quality or otherwise of any goods and services received or supplied. We accept no liability for any bad experiences or bad service relating to any of the rewards supplied. We will not become involved in any dispute between you and any business.
- Rewards are not personal and will not be reissued if lost
- By entering into competitions to win rewards you agree to your first name and area (e.g. Coundon) to be publicised on our website, social media and in press releases if you win.
- If you win a reward you may be requested to take part in publicity to raise awareness and success of the Coventry Recycling Club (a photograph to be used on the website/social media and in press releases).
- If you win a reward we will contact you by email or telephone using the details you provided when you signed up. If we ask you to get in contact with us you must do so as soon as possible. You will have 60 days (including weekends) to do this. After 60 days you will no longer be able to claim your prize. 60 day period does not apply to 'weekend only' competitions or the bin sticker competition. See bin sticker page for more information.
- You will receive regular updates of your points balance by email. You will also be able to see your latest points balance and details of points earned and redeemed, in your ‘My Points’ section of the website. We will correct a Coventry Recycling Club Account if it is shown to our reasonable satisfaction to be wrong.
- If you notify us that you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or be contacted by us for promotional purposes in connection with Coventry Recycling Club we will comply with such request.
- You may close your Coventry Recycling Club account at any time by notifying us. Any points balance will be lost when you close your account.
- In the event of the death of a Member we will transfer Points to another Coventry Recycling Club account if adequate evidence of the deceased Member’s legal representative’s authority is given to us.
- We may close your Coventry Recycling Club Account if you have not earned or redeemed any Points for a continuous period of at least 12 months, at which point your Points become null and void. We will contact you by email 28 days before this happens.
- Points can only be earned, held, transferred and used as set out in these Rules. Any other use, award, sale, exchange or transfer of Points, or attempt to do so, is a serious breach of these Rules. Any Points not earned and held in accordance with these rules will be invalid and cannot be used. Any such Points will be deducted or cancelled if used and we may take other appropriate action.
- We may also, on notifying you, immediately suspend or terminate your membership rights, and/or close your Coventry Recycling Club Account, If you breach these Rules; if we reasonably believe that you have dealt with Points in a manner not permitted by these Rules; if we reasonably believe you have been involved in any theft or misconduct in connection with us or any supplier; if you supply false or misleading information to us or if you are abusive or offensive to any member of our staff.
- You are responsible for the security of your Coventry Recycling Club account and the log in details used to access your online account information. You should notify us immediately if you suspect that someone else knows your log in details so that we can suspend your account pending issuance of new log in information. We will not be responsible if any of your points are redeemed by someone else in possession of your log in details.
- We will use the contact details from your registration to communicate with you, including contacting you if you have won a reward you will also receive newsletters from ourselves with waste and recycling related news you can unsubscribe from these by clicking the link within each email. You are responsible for keeping your contact information up to date.
- We may suspend or terminate Coventry Recycling Club but we will give you as much notice as we reasonable can before we do so. If this happens all Coventry Recycling club accounts will be suspended or terminated.
- These rules are governed by English law.
- We will only be liable to you if you suffer loss as a result of a breach by us of these Rules and, if so, our sole liability will be to credit your Account with any Points which have been wrongly deducted or should have been credited but were not. These Rules shall not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- Our printed promotional material is intended as a guide and shows rewards planned at the time of publication and, therefore, may not include all upcoming rewards at any one time.
- Failure by us to enforce any of these terms and conditions will not prevent us from subsequently relying on, or enforcing, them.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Every effort is made to keep the information on this website up-to-date and accurate. However, we cannot guarantee that inaccuracies will not occur. Coventry City Council, its employees or agents will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on such information.
- Occasionally, links from our site lead to pages maintained by other organisations. These links are provided for your convenience, and do not imply that Coventry City Council endorses or supports these organisations, the information on their pages, or their products or services in any way. These sites are not under the control of Coventry City Council and we are not responsible for their content. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over availability of linked pages.
- You acknowledge and accept that Coventry Recycling Club may from time to time alter any aspect of the Website as it thinks fit and without notice to you.
- We may refuse membership application for any good reason.
- Updated on 18/08/2015 to add 3.9.
- Updated on 14/10/2015 to add bin sticker competition information to 3.9
- Updated on 29/03/2016 to add General, 4.9, 5.9, 5.10 and 5.11
- Updated 18/05/2018 to add newsletter detail to 4.9
- Updated 23/07/2019